The Indian Railways has once again come under scrutiny for the quality of food served on its trains. A passenger travelling from Rani Kamlapati to Jabalpur Junction on the Rewa Vande Bharat Express was shocked to find a dead cockroach in his meal. However, IRCTC took note of the incident and responded to the viral post on X.
The passenger named Dr Shubhendu Keshari posted images of the non-vegetarian thali he received onboard. The pictures clearly showed the presence of the cockroach. Alongside the photographs, Dr Keshari also shared a picture of the complaint form he filled out at Jabalpur station about the unsanitary condition of the food.
IRCTC has responded to the incident promptly. They issued an apology to the passenger for the unpleasant experience. “Sir, our sincere apology for the experience you had. The matter is viewed seriously, and the hefty penalty has been imposed on the concerned service provider. Moreover, monitoring has been strengthened at the source,” they wrote.
This is not the first time a passenger has experienced such a disturbing situation while travelling on a train. Back in July 2023, a passenger shared a picture of a cockroach in his roti that was served aboard the Vande Bharat Express train from Bhopal to Gwalior.