

At least 22 people have been hospitalised in a fresh wave of water contamination cases in Indore, just weeks after at least 15 people died and several others fell ill due to water-borne diseases.
The latest cases were reported mainly from the Mhow area, where 22 residents complained of illness after consuming contaminated drinking water. Of them, nine have been admitted to hospital, while the remaining patients are being treated at home under medical supervision.
Authorities said the number of affected people could rise beyond 25, as additional cases have been reported from nearby areas.
The administration swung into action late Thursday night after reports began emerging from the affected localities. District Collector Shivam Verma visited the hospital to meet patients and oversee the response, while health teams were deployed to the area.
A health department team has been on the ground since Friday morning, providing immediate medical assistance and closely monitoring the situation in the affected neighbourhoods, officials said.
Following the fresh cases, the local administration began a survey in the affected neighbourhoods on Saturday morning to quickly identify any new cases and categorise patients based on the severity of symptoms for appropriate treatment.
Cases of severe contamination and water-borne disease came to the fore earlier this month after several people fell ill and many died. Official data puts the death toll at at least 15, while local residents claim that around 25 people have died due to vomiting and diarrhoea.